Aberdour Castle
A 921, Aberdour KY3 0SL Route Planner
The Green Guide

Useful information

Opening hours

Apr-Sep: 9.30am-5.30pm; rest of year: daily except Thu-Fri 10am-4pm - closed 25-26 Dec, 1-2 Jan


The principal residence of the Earls of Morton since 1642, the castle was abandoned in favour of Aberdour House in 1725. The present castle has a primitive, 14C tower, the upper part of which was rebuilt in the 15C. The land south of the castle was laid out in terraces, behind which were a dovecote and an orchard. The 16C terraced gardens have been restored.


  • Route from this place
  • Directions to this place
  • Route via this place
  • Nearby hotels
  • Nearby restaurants

Things to see and donearby

Where to sleepnearby

Where to eatnearby