2
Church of the Holy Trinity, Bansko
Ulitsa Pirin, Bansko 2770 Route Planner
The Green Guide

Useful information

Description

Built in 1835, the imposing church of the Holy Trinity is one of the emblems of the town. Standing inside an enclosure and a flower garden, it is surrounded by a pleasant arcaded gallery, painted in white and blue. The interior of the three-naved sanctuary is impressive. Note the iconostasis carved in hazelnut wood and the paintings completely covering the walls of the edifice. These genuine masterpieces are the work of the 18C artist, Veljan Ognev! The icons painted by Dimitar and Simeon Molerov are also18C.

Localisation

  • Route from this place
  • Directions to this place
  • Route via this place
  • Nearby hotels
  • Nearby restaurants

Things to see and donearby

Where to sleepnearby