Kinneil House
Dean, Bo' Ness EH51 OPR Route Planner
The Green Guide

Useful information

Description

This partial ruin includes the original house (1550) and the adjoining wing which was the palace (1553). In 1936, when the palace was about to be demolished, mural paintings dating from the 16 and 17C were discovered. The ribbed vault of the Arbour Room has a flower pattern and medallions partly covered by paint applied in 1621-1624. One of the outbuildings was where James Watt (1736-1819) carried out his experiments with steam engines.

Localisation

  • Route from this place
  • Directions to this place
  • Route via this place
  • Nearby hotels
  • Nearby restaurants

Things to see and donearby

Where to sleepnearby

Where to eatnearby