Local Mining Museum
Appartient au pôle mémoire de Cap’Découverte, 81130 Cagnac-les-Mines Route Planner
The Green Guide

Useful information

Opening hours

Jul-Aug: 10am-12.30pm, 1.30pm-7pm; May-Jun and Sep-Oct: 10am-noon, 2pm-6pm; rest of year: daily except Mon 10am-noon, 2pm-5pm - closed 25 Dec-15 Feb, 1 May, 1 Nov

Description

At Camp-Grand, the pithead frame of shaft no 2 and its adjoining buildings, dating from 1891, are all that remain of the mining activity at the Carmaux coal basin. A tour presents the difficult and dangerous work undertaken by the miners here and their lives outside of the mine. The 348m of reconstructed underground galleries provide insights into the mining industry and the different methods used from the 19C to the present day. A touchingly realistic excursion.

Localisation

  • Route from this place
  • Directions to this place
  • Route via this place
  • Nearby hotels
  • Nearby restaurants

Nearby tourist attractionsNearby tourist attractions

Nearby hotelsNearby hotels

Nearby restaurantsNearby restaurants