house and garden Apr-Oct: 11am-6pm, last admission 1hr before closing
The house was sold in 1754, still incomplete, to the Lansdowne family. Between 1762 and 1768, Capability Brown laid out the park, including a lake and woodland. The entrance to the house is through the Orangery, designed by Robert Adam in 1769. From the library is a particularly fine view of the park. The sculpture gallery displays paintings, statues and tapestries from the Lansdowne collection.