Hospital of Eastbridge
High, Canterbury CT1 2BD Route Planner
The Green Guide

Useful information

Opening hours

daily except Sun 10am-5pm

Description

Founded in 1180 by a rich citizen of Canterbury, the original buildings housed pilgrims who came to venerate the tomb of Saint Thomas. Inside stands a 14C chapel, which is still used for prayer. Upstairs, the northern wall of the 12C refectory is decorated with a fresco representing Christ and the four Evangelists. A 12C chapel has a remarkable wooden structure and roof.

Localisation

  • Route from this place
  • Directions to this place
  • Route via this place
  • Nearby hotels
  • Nearby restaurants

Nearby tourist attractions

Nearby hotels

Nearby restaurants