Glass Museum/Art centre
Domaine de la Verrerie, 81400 Carmaux Route Planner
The Green Guide

Useful information

Opening hours

Jul-Aug: 10am-noon, 2pm-7pm; rest of year: daily except Tue 10am-noon, 2pm-6pm - closed early Nov-weekends Easter, 1 May

Description

The Château de la Verrerie, destroyed in a fire in 1895, was built by the Solages family who owned the Carmaux mines from 1752 to 1946 when they were nationalised. A building known as the ''Orangerie'', the first glass bottle works in Carmaux, now houses several rooms devoted to the history of the Solages family, the first Tarn glassworks and Jaurès' struggle. Works by regional and national glass artists are also on display.

Localisation

  • Route from this place
  • Directions to this place
  • Route via this place
  • Nearby hotels
  • Nearby restaurants

Things to see and donearby

Where to sleepnearby

Where to eatnearby

  • From €18 to €41
    MICHELIN 2020
    12.8 km - 20 rue Porta, 81000 Albi
  • From €24 to €72
    MICHELIN 2020
    13.3 km - Rue Aubijoux, 81150 Castelnau-de-Lévis
  • From €16 to €26
    MICHELIN 2020
    13.5 km - 22 rue de la Souque, 81000 Albi