1
St Nicholas' Church
3 Market Place, Carrickfergus BT38 7AB Route Planner
The Green Guide

Useful information

Description

The pillars in the late-12C nave are part of the original structure erected by Jean de Courcy. After a number of eventful centuries, the church was restored in 1614. The bell tower, built in 1778, was restored in 1932. The praying figures of Sir Arthur Chichester, governor of Carrickfergus, his wife and their son make up an elegant marble and alabaster monument in the left arm of the transept. The stained-glass windows in the southern side and the western end of the nave are from the 16C.

Localisation

  • Route from this place
  • Directions to this place
  • Route via this place
  • Nearby hotels
  • Nearby restaurants

ACTIVITIESSEARCH NEARBY

Things to see and donearby

Where to sleepnearby

  • From €55
    Walter's Place
    Suberb 9.4
    341 m - 15 Joymount, Carrickfergus BT38 7DN
  • From €117
    The Tramway House
    Suberb 9.3
    407 m - 95 Irish Quarter South, Carrickfergus BT38 8BW
  • From €70
    The Loft at 522
    Exceptional 9.6
    2.23 km - 522 Upper Road, Woodburn BT38 8PW

Where to eatnearby

The Green Guide

Buy on