Tue-Sat 10am-5pm, Sun 11am-4pm - closed Mon - Tue-Fri 10am-1pm, guided tours only; 1pm-5pm: self-guided tour ; Sat-Sun 11am-3pm: self-guided tour only
This wing of the Hunterian Art Gallery is a reconstruction of the house of Charles Rennie Mackintosh (1868-1928). Its interiors decorated with highly original motifs demonstrate how much of a pioneer he was in architecture and what we nowadays call design. The white wood panelling is offset by interiors with deliberately functional refined and pure lines. His wife, Margaret Macdonald, created decorative plaques for some of the furnishings.