1
Wilten Basilica
Pfarramt Wilten, 6020 Innsbruck Route Planner
The Green Guide

Useful information

Description

This basilica was rebuilt by the Premonstratensians from 1751 to 1756, to provide a prestigious setting for "Our Lady of the Four Columns", which was the object of a pilgrimage. It was decorated thanks to the virtuosity of the best Rococo artists of the era. Stucco angels, flowers and foliage abound and twirl around in their cartouches. The paintings of the vault are dedicated to women: the Virgin Mary in the choir, Esther and Judith in the nave.

Localisation

  • Route from this place
  • Directions to this place
  • Route via this place
  • Nearby hotels
  • Nearby restaurants

Things to see and donearby

Where to sleepnearby

Where to eatnearby