Lacock Abbey
Lacock SN15 2LG Route Planner
The Green Guide

Description

To the east of the village there lies an abbey, founded in the 13C. Successive generations of Talbots added decorative features in the taste of the day: in 1753, John Ivory Talbot had the Great Hall rebuilt. In 1827-30, William Henry Fox Talbot had three oriel windows added on the south façade (the one in the centre featured in the first successful photograph, in 1835) and planted the park of exotic trees.

Useful information

Opening hours

abbey: Mar-Oct: 11am-5pm; Nov and Jan-mid Feb weekends 11.30am-3.30pm; Dec Thu-Sun 11.30am-3.30pm - cloister: mid Feb-Oct 10.30am-5.30pm; Nov-mid Feb 11am-4pm

Localisation

  • Route from this place
  • Directions to this place
  • Route via this place
  • Nearby hotels
  • Nearby restaurants

Nearby tourist attractions

Nearby hotels

Nearby restaurants

  • From £26 to £50
    MICHELIN Guide 2018
    8.3 km - High St, Rowde SN10 2PN
  • From £23 to £33
    MICHELIN Guide 2018
    9.02 km - Ham Grn, Holt BA14 6PX
  • From £19 to £42
    MICHELIN Guide 2018
    9.4 km - Upper South Wraxall BA15 2SB

ViaMichelin Newsletter

REGISTER Lean more about our privacy policy