2
Lille Palais des Beaux-Arts - Fine Arts Museum
Place de la République, 59000 Lille Route Planner
The Green Guide

Useful information

Opening hours

10am-6pm, Mon 2pm-6pm - closed Tue, 1 Jan, 1 May, 14 Jul, 1 Nov, 25 Dec

Description

Built between 1887 and 1892, this palace was extended in the 1990s by the architects Jean-Marc Ibos and Myrto Vitart, who added a narrow 70m x 6.50m building, the screen-printed glass façade of which reflects the palace. Between the buildings is a plaza. At the centre, a glass aperture allows light to enter the temporary exhibition rooms below. The Fine Arts Museum's superb collections are displayed in an area covering 22,000m2.

Localisation

  • Route from this place
  • Directions to this place
  • Route via this place
  • Nearby hotels
  • Nearby restaurants

Things to see and donearby

Where to sleepnearby

Where to eatnearby