Bishopsgate, London EC2 Route Planner
The Green Guide

Useful information


Originally Roman, the gate that gave its name to this street was rebuilt slightly to the west of its original site by Bishop Erkenwald during the Saxon era. Renovated many times, mainly by the merchants of the Hanseatic League, it was demolished in 1760. Note the golden mitres from the former gate, which decorate the walls at 105 and 108. The street dates back to Roman times and in the Middle Ages was the main route to East Anglia.


  • Route from this place
  • Directions to this place
  • Route via this place
  • Nearby hotels
  • Nearby restaurants

Nearby tourist attractions

Nearby hotels

Nearby restaurants