St Margaret's was built (1686-1692) in accordance with plans by Wren. Its square tower is topped with a spire in the shape of an obelisk. Inside see the attractive wood sculpture work on the panels, the pews, the oak cloister, the throne and the retable. The elegant cloister one of two designed by Wren around 1689 and comes from All Hallows Church, Upper Thames Street. The marble baptismal fonts are attributed to Grinling Gibbons.