st. Cornhill-Leadenhall, London EC3
Cornhill is named after the grain market, which was held here in the Middle Age. The Leadenhall junction was once the centre of London. St Michaels tower (1718-1724), designed by Hawksmoor, is comprised of four levels with pinacles and garnished with balustrades in the corners. Inside High Tuscany columns support the arch by Wren. Scott designed the Venetian stained-glass windows, and the pulpit and lectern (19C) are by W.Gibbs Rogers.