St Edmund was a Saxon King and martyred by Danish pirates in 870. Wren built the current church (1670-1679). To the south, its hexagonal spire covered with lead distinguishes the narrow façade. The interior was changed in 19C but is still noteworthy for its wooden furnishings. The baptismal fonts of the four Evangelists are surrounded by a beautiful semi-circular balustrade from the 17C.