This green space was once part of Holland House, a private estate built in the 17C and owned by the Fox family in the mid 18C. Today the west wing and the George VI Hostel designed by Sir Hugh Casson are now home to a youth hostel. In summer, the main courtyard is used as a venue for concerts and ballets. Admire the stables (now a restaurant), the orangery, the ice room and a door designed by Nicolas Stone (1629). The park has been reforested and the gardens, where peacocks strut, replanted.