Church of Our Lady of the Assumption
rue de la Chèvre, 57000 Metz Route Planner
The Green Guide

Useful information

Description

Notre-Dame-de-L'Assomption church was built by the Jesuits in 1665 on the site of an old Protestant church. It was here that Louis XV was given the nickname "Bien-Aimé" (much loved) in 1744 in celebration of his recovery from illness. A hundred years later, the church witnessed the baptism of the poet Paul Verlaine. Decorated in the 19C, the interior has rich wainscoting and Rococo confessionals from Trier to alleviate the sins of the penitent. The Baroque organ was made by Jean Nollet.

Localisation

  • Route from this place
  • Directions to this place
  • Route via this place
  • Nearby hotels
  • Nearby restaurants

Nearby tourist attractions

Nearby hotels

Nearby restaurants

  • From €20 to €25
    81 m - 12 Rue Dupont des Loges, 57000 Metz
  • From €11 to €50
    161 m - 3 Rue de la Fontaine, 57000 Metz
  • From€29
    375 m - 31 PLACE DES CHARRONS, 57000 Metz