Jean-Jacques Rousseau Museum
5 rue Jean-Jacques-Rousseau, 95160 Montmorency Route Planner
The Green Guide

Useful information

Opening hours

Apr-Oct: 2pm-6pm; rest of year: daily except Sun 2pm-6pm - closed Mon, 2 weeks at the end of the year, 1 May, 1 Nov

Description

Jean-Jacques Rousseau lived in this house from 1757 to 1762 with his companion, Thérèse Levasseur. The museum relates his daily life in the house, cut short by Parliament's decision to have him arrested following the publication of Emile. A tree-lined pathway leads to the «keep», the pavilion where Jean-Jacques used to work. Giving onto the garden, the «Maison des Commères» houses the library of the J-J. Rousseau study group and the Montmorency Historical Study Centre.

Localisation

  • Route from this place
  • Directions to this place
  • Route via this place
  • Nearby hotels
  • Nearby restaurants

Things to see and donearby

Where to sleepnearby

Where to eatnearby