Archaeological Museum
Ulitsa Mesembriya 2, Nesebar 8230 Route Planner
The Green Guide

Useful information

Opening hours

Jul-Aug: 9am-8pm; Jun and Sep: 9am-7pm; May and Oct: 9am-6pm; Jan-Apr and Nov-Dec: 9am-5pm


The Archaeological Museum recalls the Greek, Thracian and Roman past of the ancient city of Messembria (the former name of Nesebar). It displays stelae including the Iulia stela, anchors, bronze objects and jars. It also recalls the Bulgarian medieval period through an icon of the Virgin dating from 1342 (one part is painted, the other part is in gilded relief). The basement houses a fine collection of 16C-19C icons, including: a protective Virgin by Konstantin Zograf (1837), a St Eleuterus by Dimitar Zograf (1781) and a splendid episcopal throne.


  • Route from this place
  • Directions to this place
  • Route via this place
  • Nearby hotels
  • Nearby restaurants

Things to see and donearby

Where to sleepnearby