Founded by William of Wykeham in 1379, three years before he founded Winchester College , it still has some of its original buildings. The Main Quad is the epitome of English Perpendicular style. The hall is the oldest in Oxford. The large 15 C chapel has 14 C windows. From the quiet cloister, the visitor can admire the bell tower. (1400). The best remaining part of the old city walls are in the gardens.