University College
High Street, Oxford OX1 4BH Route Planner
The Green Guide

Useful information

Opening hours

10am-noon, 2pm-4pm


Founded in 1249, it has retained its curved Jacobean façade. The vaulted and decorated gate-house to the west leads to a vast mid 17 C quad bordered by the hall and the chapel (notice the 17 C windows painted by Van Linge), whereas the east gate leads to a smaller 18 C quad. The Shelley Memorial can be found in the right-hand corner of the first quad, showing the poet as he lay drowned.


  • Route from this place
  • Directions to this place
  • Route via this place
  • Nearby hotels
  • Nearby restaurants

Nearby tourist attractions

Nearby hotels

Nearby restaurants