King James VI Hospital
Hospital Street, Perth PH2 8HP Route Planner
The Green Guide

Useful information

Description

James 1 founded the only Carthusian monastery in Scotland in 1429; he and his wife, Jane Beaufort, were buried here as well as Margaret Tudor, the wife of James IV. Destroyed in 1559, the monastery was replaced by a hospital founded by James VI in 1587. The four-storey building is in the shape of a letter H and has now been turned into flats. The façade looking onto Hospital Street has an unusual dome which was taken from Nairne House.

Localisation

  • Route from this place
  • Directions to this place
  • Route via this place
  • Nearby hotels
  • Nearby restaurants

Nearby tourist attractions

Nearby hotels

Nearby restaurants

  • From £17 to £37
    MICHELIN Guide 2019
    426 m - 38 South St, Perth PH2 8PG
  • From £19 to £46
    MICHELIN Guide 2019
    457 m - 77-79 Kinnoull St, Perth PH1 5EZ
  • From £26 to £35
    MICHELIN Guide 2019
    563 m - 63 Tay St, Perth PH2 8NN