1
St Andrew's Church
Royal Parade, Plymouth PL1 2AD Route Planner
The Green Guide

Useful information

Description

The church, founded in 1050 and rebuilt in the 15C, was bombed in 1941; this left only the walls, the fluted granite pillars, chancel arches and the 41 m tower standing. The church was rebuilt and reconsecrated in 1957. It has six stained-glass windows by John Piper (1904-1992), their vivid colours offset by the patina of the floor made of slate from Delabole in Cornwall.

Localisation

  • Route from this place
  • Directions to this place
  • Route via this place
  • Nearby hotels
  • Nearby restaurants

Nearby tourist attractions

Nearby hotels

Nearby restaurants