Chapelle historique Bon-Pasteur
1080 rue de la Chevrotière, Québec G1R 3J4 Route Planner
The Green Guide

Useful information

Opening hours

Jun-Sep: Mon-Fri 2pm-5pm

Description

Designed by Charles Baillairgé in 1866, the chapel is located on the second storey of the former convent of the Sisters of the Good Shepherd. The tall, narrow, Baroque-style nave is flanked by superimposed side galleries. The gold-leaf altarpiece (1730) from Saint-Louis-de-Lotbinière church was sculpted in the Levasseur workshop. Above it hangs The Assumption of the Virgin, by Antoine Plamondon (1868). Several small paintings adorn the pilasters; they were created in the workshop of the Sisters of the Good Shepherd.

Localisation

  • Route from this place
  • Directions to this place
  • Route via this place
  • Nearby hotels
  • Nearby restaurants

Nearby tourist attractionsNearby tourist attractions

Nearby hotelsNearby hotels