François-Jacquet-Dit-Langevin House
34 rue Saint-Louis, Québec Route Planner
The Green Guide

Useful information


This small one-storey structure, topped by a steep red roof, was erected on land acquired by François Jacquet from the Ursuline nuns in 1674. Architect François de la Jouë enlarged the original dwelling around 1690, adding a second storey. The addition to the side dates from 1820. Philippe Aubert de Gaspé, author of the famous Canadian novel, Les anciens canadiens, lived in the house from 1815 to 1824. Today a fine restaurant specialising in traditional Quebec cuisine occupies the premises.


  • Route from this place
  • Directions to this place
  • Route via this place
  • Nearby hotels
  • Nearby restaurants

Nearby tourist attractionsNearby tourist attractions

Nearby hotelsNearby hotels