castle: guided tour 9am‑7pm - closed Tue and Thu in winter - €5 - park: 10am‑7pm except Mon - closed Mon and Nov‑Mar
In the 17C, the military fortress of the Marquisate of Saluzzo became the property of the Savoy-Carignano, who turned it into a summer residence. The park-side façade is the work of Guarino Guarini, that the entrance-side façade by Giovanni Battista Borra (1755). The richly furnished interiors include remarkable rooms such as the Hercules and Diana Halls, Chinese pieces, the Etruscan cabinet and the kitchens. In the vast grounds there stands Margaria (1852), a neo-Gothic-style model farm.