Château de Bois-Préau
Avenue du Château, 92500 Rueil-Malmaison Route Planner
The Green Guide

Useful information

Opening hours

closed for refurbishment, telephone for reopening


This vast property, surrounded by 17ha of grounds, was built around 1700 for two of the king's printers and booksellers. Purchased by Josephine in 1810, the château was rebuilt in 1855 and later bequeathed by Mr & Mrs Edward Tuck. Today it is an annexe of the Musée de Malmaison. Relics of Napoleon brought back from St Helena are displayed here, as well as different objects relating to him.


  • Route from this place
  • Directions to this place
  • Route via this place
  • Nearby hotels
  • Nearby restaurants

Things to see and donearby

Where to sleepnearby

Where to eatnearby

  • From €32 to €105
    MICHELIN 2020
    571 m - 56 rue du Gué, 92500 Rueil-Malmaison
  • 623 m - 21 rue du Dr-Zamenhof, 92500 RUEIL-MALMAISON
  • From €26 to €37
    MICHELIN 2020
    2.31 km - 8 rue du Docteur-Foucault, 92000 Nanterre