1
St Lawrence's Church
Gl. Landevej, 9990 Skagen Route Planner
The Green Guide

Useful information

Opening hours

closed to visitors

Description

The 14C church dedicated to St Lawrence, patron saint of sailors, was buried by drifting sand in the late 18C and closed by royal decree in 1795. In 1810 the nave was removed and today only the tower remains, sticking out of the sand. To reach it, follow Gammel Kirkesti to the west of the town centre.

Localisation

  • Route from this place
  • Directions to this place
  • Route via this place
  • Nearby hotels
  • Nearby restaurants

Things to see and donearby

Where to sleepnearby

Where to eatnearby