1
Mar's Wark
Broad Street, Stirling FK7 Route Planner
The Green Guide

Useful information

Description

Ruined but nevertheless impressive, the façade is all that is left of a palace started but never completed in 1570 for John Erskine (1510-1572), 1st Earl of Mar who, as Hereditary Keeper of the castle and guardian of Prince James, needed a private residence in the area. The stones came from Cambuskenneth Abbey. The façade giving onto the street has a decorative sculpture and heraldic panels.

Localisation

  • Route from this place
  • Directions to this place
  • Route via this place
  • Nearby hotels
  • Nearby restaurants

Things to see and donearby

Where to sleepnearby

Where to eatnearby