end May-early Sep: house daily except Sat 1pm-5pm (park open daily 10.30am-6pm) - closed 15 days end Aug - guided tour Tue, Wed and Thu
This red-brick house of 1671 was built by Lady Elizabeth Wilbraham. In addition to a richly furnished interior, the house is remarkable for the quality of the portraits. Look out for the portrait of Lady Wilbraham by Lely in the Drawing Room, where it is also possible to see a rare portrait by Constable. In the parkland, designed by Capability Brown, deer and rare breeds of sheep can be seen grazing.