Apr-Oct: 9.30am-5pm, Sun 1pm-5pm; Nov-Mar: Mon-Sat 10.30am-3.30pm
The oldest charitable foundation in England was created by Bishop Henry de Blois in 1136. The chapel in the shape of a Latin cross, built between 1160 and the end of the 13C, is a fine example of architecture during the transition from the romanesque to the gothic. In the Chapel of the Holy Virgin, there is a Dutch triptych from around 1530. The Fiars' Room has a musician's gallery and a fine wooden ceiling.