Windsor Castle: St George's Chapel
Windsor Castle, Windsor SL4 1NJ Route Planner
The Green Guide

Description

This chapel, built in Perpendicular style by Edward IV, was erected to replace an earlier chapel dedicated to the Order of the Garter. It took over 50 years to build and is the burial place for ten kings and queens. Don't miss the stalls, decorated with numerous misericords and sculptures added between 1478 and 1485, and home to over 700 enamelled brass plates bearing the names of knights who have belonged to the order since its foundation.

Useful information

Localisation

  • Route from this place
  • Directions to this place
  • Route via this place
  • Nearby hotels
  • Nearby restaurants

Nearby tourist attractions

Nearby hotels

Nearby restaurants

  • From £20
    to £53
    MICHELIN Guide 2018
    446 m – 82-83 High St, Windsor SL4 6AF
  • From £25
    to £56
    MICHELIN Guide 2018
    3.12 km – 10 Crimp Hill, Old Windsor, Windsor SL4 2QY
  • From £24
    to £47
    MICHELIN Guide 2018
    4.03 km – Oakley Green, Windsor SL4 5UW

ViaMichelin Newsletter

REGISTER Lean more about our privacy policy